Newmarket man died from asbestos-related condition
A Newmarket pensioner died as a result of a condition often associated with exposure to asbestos, an inquest has heard.
Ronald Winger, 83, was diagnosed with mesothelioma in February and as his condition deteriorated he was admitted to St Nicholas Hospice, Bury St Edmunds in April. The inquest today (Monday) at Bury St Edmunds heard that Mr Winger died later the same month on April 23. Assistant Suffolk Coroner Dr Daniel Sharpstone said tests confirmed that death had been due to mesothelioma and recorded that as his inquest conclusion.