Bottisham care home confirms residents have died with Covid-19
A Bottisham care home has confirmed that some of its residents have died with Covid-19.
Data from the Office of National Statistics released last week said seven people in Bottisham had died with Covid-19, making it a local hotspot for the disease.
Barchester, the owners of the Hilton Park Care Home in the village, said that some of their residents had died with the disease.
A company spokesman said: “We can confirm that we have had individuals confirmed with COVID-19, and tragically some of those have sadly passed away. Every one of these deaths is a tragedy for all of us, and we send our heartfelt condolences to our residents, their families and our staff that have suffered.
“The home is in regular contact with Public Health England and the local authority.
“The safety and wellbeing of our residents and our staff is our utmost priority and we are closely following the official advice.”
The spokesman said they had a ‘robust supply’ of protective equipment and was testing staff and residents.
"We are confident in the processes in our homes with all of our staff trained in infection control, and our staff have been brilliant in implementing this," the spokesman added.
"We are piloting testing in our home for residents who haven’t tested positive previously, and all staff who are currently at work."
According to the ONS data, between March 1 and April 17, one person had died with coronavirus in Newmarket, three in Soham, three in Ely, two in Burwell, two in Dullingham and Cheveley, and one in Mildenhall.
Do you work at a care home in the area and are concerned about the impact of coronavirus? Contact Dan Barker at email@example.com or 01638 564103.
More by this authorDan Barker
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)