Tortoises rescued from fire in reptile aquarium in Soham

Fire crews rescued this tortoise from a house in Soham
Fire crews rescued this tortoise from a house in Soham
0
Have your say

Firefighters rescued two tortoises from a house fire in Soham yesterday, Monday August 17.

A crew from Ely and a crew from Newmarket, in Suffolk, were called to the blaze in Eye Hill Drove at 12.37pm after a fire had broken out in a single-storey extension of a property used as a reptile aquarium.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the property.

Crews returned to their stations by 1.45pm. The cause of the fire was accidental, by electrical equipment.