A Red Lodge woman who died after collapsing on a living room floor had overdosed on heroin, an inquest heard on Monday.
Donna Marie Rathbone, of Ash Close, died at a flat in Matt Dawson Close, Newmarket, on April 29, after taking a lethal dose of the Class A drug.
An inquest sitting in Bury St Edmunds heard how the 43 year old was found “unresponsive and cold” on the floor of the lounge by her aunt.
The inquest heard the front foor was closed, but unlocked.
Rathbone’s aunt called paramedics and the police to the flat, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A report by detective sergeant Paul Cappleman, one of the officers who attended the incident, was read out at the inquest, which stated two hypodermic needles were found in the bathroom, while an empty wrap and spoon with residue was discovered in the kitchen.
The inquest heard how Rathbone had been “a known drug user”.
Assistant Coroner Dr Dan Sharpstone told the inquest she was last seen the day before she died when she spent two hours with her aunt.
He said Rathbone told her aunt she would be going into town and would return for supper - she did not return, but he said this was not out of character.
A post mortem examination was carried out on May 1 by Dr Mohamed Dada, which concluded Rathbone had died of a heroin overdose.
Significant levels of morphine were found in her blood, which were “high enough to cause death”.
Assistant Coroner Dr Dan Sharpstone recorded a verdict of death due to heroin overdose.