DCSIMG

Prevent chimney fires in your home

Homeowners have been advised to get their chimneys swept after a fire started in a Burwell home.

A crew from Burwell were called to Weirs Drove at about 6.30pm on Sunday.

Firefighters used one hose reel and chimney rods to extinguish the blaze, which had started in a log burner.

They removed the liner from the chimney, which was burned through.

A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page