Firefighters are battling to control a fire that broke out in a Kentford home this morning.
Eight fire crews were called to a single-storey building in Gazeley Road at about 9.05am, where they found the building “well-alight”.
Police and ambulance crews also attended the scene.
A Spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “A man has been taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
“Fire and Police are trying to establish the full circumstances of the fire and whether there are any other people within the house.”
Firefighters cordoned off the area after part of the building’s roof collapsed.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue service spokesman said a fire break had been put in place and nearby power lines had been isolated as the building was “at risk of structural collapse”.
Eyewitness Joe Rennicks, from Wood Ditton, was in his car when he heard a “big bang” and saw a “flash like lightning”.
He said: “There was a big puff of smoke and then I saw the fire.”
Another onlooker, who lived in a nearby house, said: “I heard people shouting and knocking on the doors of the house. There was smoke all across the driveway, fortunately the fire brigade came.
“It all just went up in smoke and there were lots of sparks. It’s dreadful. We tried to go round the back to see what was going on and if we could do anything to help, but there was a wall of black smoke.”
Police have closed the roads through Kentford and put diversions in place.
The police spokesman said: “Witnesses at the scene have been spoken to but anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101”.
Were you at the scene of the fire? Send your photos/video to firstname.lastname@example.org.