Police warn four-by-four vehicle owners
After a sharp increase in thefts of catalytic converters across the county in the past week, Suffolk Police is recommending catalytic converter marking for all four-by-four and commercial-type vehicles.
The following steps will help to keep your vehicle safe:
- Private vehicles should be kept in a well-secured garage where possible, or in a well-lit public area.
- Vehicles can be parked in such a way as to make access to the catalytic converter difficult, or parallel with another vehicle if you own one.
- Commercial vehicles should be kept in a locked building or compound.
- Use appropriate alarms, lighting and CCTV to deter thieves.
- Remove items of value from your vehicle whilst unattended and keep it secure at all times.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Newmarket
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east